ES/Remote & Axcess/400
AS400, iSeries and S/36 ASCII Dial-In
This product has been discontinued.
Please Click Here for other
remote access solutions or call us at (800)597-2525
and Axcess/400 Hardware/Software
Dial-Up Solution forWindows? 95 and Windows NT?
to IBM Midrange Systems
ES/Remote software and Axcess/400 Remote Access Unit from
NLynx Systems provide true 32-bit emulation for remote Windows 95 or Windows NT users who
need connectivity to IBM Midrange Systems. Now, small office/home office users,
telecommuters, and travelers can easily connect to an IBM AS/400 or System/36 from any
remote location for simultaneous 5250 terminal and printer emulation.
The ES/Remote Software
- Asynchronous dial-up support. The ES/Remote
software provides quick and easy asynchronous access via Twinax to your IBM midrange
systems. Users can connect to display and printer sessions simultaneously from home,
hotel, or customer sites, supporting modem speeds up to 19.2Kbps.
- Easy to install and configure. Installation
and configuration are intuitive using the ES/Remote setup program included in the
software. The program provides easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions that will get your
system up and running in minutes for more productive uses.
- Online help facility. Built-in product
support provides simple and fast solutions to common product questions.
- Multilanguage support. Localized product for
English, French, Italian, German, and Spanish.
The Axcess/400 Remote Access
- Dual CPU design increases speed.
powerful dual CPU architecture of the Axcess/400 incorporates one asynchronous processor
and one Twinax port processor. This dual CPU design yields maximum output, even with all
asynch ports in use! File transfers and screen prints are faster, while throughput is
maximized for increased productivity.
- Remote asynch dial-up to 19.2Kbps.
perform all PC Support and host applications from any remote site with higher-speed
data transmission that reduces phone line charges. This speed is supported by ES/Remote
software, and the connection is simplethe Axcess/400 can be connected to your ASCII
devices through DOS LANs, statistical multiplexers, CBX, PBX, or asynch modems.
| Additional Features | Diagram
| Specifications | General |
- Supports the same proven features as all Emerald Series
solutions, such as 132-column color display and 3812 printing.
- Hotspots identify host menu and function keysthey
can be assigned colors for easy access.
- Keyboard mapping allows easy reconfiguration to support
- Keystroke memory and playback allow storage of up to 2,048
key-strokes in up to 24 keyboard macros.
- ETU file transfer support allows direct file
transfer between the PC and System/36?, Advanced Series/36?, or AS/400?.
Return to Menu
Return to Menu
PC System Requirements
- PCs with 386, 486, or Pentium? processor
- 3-1/2" floppy disk drive
- Hard disk with 5MB space available
- Half-card expansion slot (ISA)
- Minimum of 4MB of memory
- Windows 3.1, Windows 95, or Windows NT 3.51 (or higher)
IBM Devices Supported
525111; 52911,2; 52921; 31792; 31802; 3196all;
3812, 5219, 4214, 4210, 5225, 5224, 5256, system printer emulation
- System/3x workstation controller
- AS/400 Twinax workstation controller
- 5251-12, 5294 and 5394 remote controllers
Return to Menu
The ES/Remote Package:
- Installation diskettes
- Quick installation guide
- Display and printer emulation manuals on diskette (WinZip
The Axcess/400 Package includes:
- Axcess/400 Remote Access Unit, available in different port
configurations with one Twinax port connection.
- Two RS-232 to 9-pin AT-style serial cables and F/F gender
changer (allowing for easy terminal or PC setup, whatever your physical RS-232 connection
Warranty: NLynx limited one-year warranty on hardware and 90 days
Regulatory Approval: Regulatory Approval: FCC, CE Regulatory Approval: FCC, CE Regulatory Approval: FCC, CE Regulatory Approval: FCC, CE
- ES/Remote Single-User 301-0732-001
- Axcess/400, 8-port unit 301-0730-01
- Axcess/400, 4-port expandable unit 301-0730-02
- Axcess/400, 2-port nonexpandable unit 301-0730-03
Call NLynx for additional ordering information.
In the U.S., technical support is available between 7:30
a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday, toll-free on 1-888-659-6967. For
Asia/Pacific, Australia, and Latin America, call (512) 301-8180. For Europe, Africa, and
the Middle East, call +44 161 928 7014.
Return to Menu
Related NLynx Products
- ETU?: File transfer utility
that resides on the S/3X or AS/400 and provides menu-driven options for transfer and
translation of data between the PC and host.
- ES/TEC-2: Economical
IBM-compatible, plug-and-play, two-session card (requires Memory Segment and
- ES/3XTwin?: DOS
emulation software and 5250 adapter
Software and hardware combination that allows users dial-up remote access to an IBM
Midrange System. Works in conjunction withNLynxs Axcess/400 Remote Access
Unit. Also available for Macintosh and DOS users.
Low-cost gateway, connecting via Twinax to an IBM Midrange to share seven emulation
sessions (per adapter) over an Ethernet or Token Ring LAN.
For more information on
ES/Remote and Axcess/400, call us at 800-597-2525
or e-mail us at email@example.com